hahaha oh man this costume. Spent ~6 months on it, only to have some pieces break at the con :c I blame it mostly on the way I stored some of the large pieces. Thank god I had brought hot glue with me to help emergency repair it at the con (and thanks to my boyfriend for being patient with me when I was freaking out over stuff breaking). I didn't even get the chance to wear my leg armor either because they weren't cooperating. I did make them though! I'm going to try the craft foam/worbla sandwich method instead for the waist pieces and neck piece if I decide to wear this again.
The only things I bought and didn't modify were the wig, black shirt, black leggings, and boots. All the armor pieces were drafted by myself (except the breastplate; I had a friend help me with that using seran wrap, masking tape, and then drawing the pattern on while I was all wrapped up). The armor was made out of craft foam, primed with a few layers of Mod Podge on each side, and different shades of satin acrylic paint. For the silver pieces, I first used a dark grey color and then layered silver paint over it. For the gold sections, I used a dark yellow paint with gold layered over it. I used a burnt orange paint for the orange waist piece to match the cape and shirt as close as possible. I also did simple weathering with black acrylic paint to add depth to my armor. Most of my armor closes with velcro, except for the lower arm pieces (the ends were fused together after using a heat gun). The cape and shirt were made out of casa satin.